Thursday, June 10, 2010

My best friend is dating my ex. I never really got over him, because he really hurt my feelings and then later told me that he still liked me. We had began flirting again when suddenly she informed me that they were now seeing each other. Is that right?!

No, it is definitely not right. Your friend has now broken the ultimate golden rule for friendships. Did no one ever teach her friend etiquette?! You DO NOT date your best friend's ex-boyfriend. It's just plain wrong, and it's pretty oogy.

There are feelings that still linger on, and it is mean and selfish for your best friend to put you through that emotional pain. You have to see them together, and hear them talk about being with one another. If she was really your friend, she would have resisted his advances, told you what he was saying to her, and moved on. A real friend would never let a guy get in between your friendship, or do anything that might hurt you.

She was obviously jealous of you and your ex's relationship and wants to get a piece of him herself. You shouldn't feel bad, and just realize that she is getting your left overs.

If you do decide to stay friends with her (which I wouldn't personally recommend), be sure to keep a close eye on this girl! She seems very toxic to you, and I wouldn't put it past her to do other things to stab you in your back. My suggestion? Find a new boyfriend, and FRIEND, who really care about your feelings and aren't playing head games with you. I wish you luck, and I hope this helps.

Allow the Best Girlfriend You Never Had to answer your personal or business-related questions! How can I help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment