Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If Everybody Gets a Piece, I Think I'll Pass

You know what I have never understood? Why is it that there are some men and women who don't realize that the biggest turn-off to the opposite sex can be that you are just too damn available to anything with a pulse?

Look, if you are a good looking guy with a great sense of a humor and a nice splash of charm to boot, you might have a chance, right? But if you're flirting with me, and then I see you saunter over to the girl on the other side of the room, and you're giving her that same 100-megawatt smile you were just sharing with me - your stock has just crashed! You are no longer a hot commodity, sweetheart. There is nothing worse than being told something romantic, being made to feel wonderful, then realizing that those same words are being shared with a few other women, too.

Like I said in my title, "If everyone gets a piece, I think I'll pass!"

I want to feel special. I want to feel like there is something about me that makes you feel a certain way, and no other girl can give you that special something like I can. This isn't Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, or Real Chance of Love, and unlike all of those hyped-up VH1 reality dating shows, I am not competing against ten women for your attention. I would have been the annoying girl in the very beginning of the series who comes to her senses, realizing how idiotic it is to fight over one man, and carries her bags straight out the door, heading home.

Do you know who excites me? Do you know which man will get my attention faster than any other? That guy who I flirt with, and he is nice and cordial, but you never see him pressed up on a woman. You know, the one who has several women fawning all over him at a distance, but he stays cool in the cut - away from the crowds. He seems untouchable.

I don't want the super cool playboy who is always surrounded by giggling women, thrusting their cleavage at him, while he enjoys every second of it. I am not interested in the Don Juan who basks in the admiration of a harem of women. I've never been a very good groupie.

No, give me Mr. Untouchable any day. Give me the guy who gives me a gentle "no" the first few times, but always with a smile and a compliment. He'll get me everytime. This choosy behavior lets me know that he has standards. He doesn't jump on anything that is offered to him. If he is giving me his time, it's because I have something unique and valuable to offer.

If you are reading this, and you are that guy or that girl who always must be the center of attention, be forewarned! People who are really worth your attention are watching you and taking note of your undesirable behavior. You should be more particular about who you share your time with, and the people who share your time will be of a higher quality. Otherwise, enjoy yourself, and while you're kissing and hugging up on Mrs. Right Now, your Mrs. Right will be quietly walking right out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment