Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kangaroos and Snakes

A couple of friends of mine were discussing this topic, and I thought it deserved some attention. Have you ever known someone who always had the juiciest gossip to share with you? Do you have any friends who love to talk negatively about other people?

I tend to avoid people like that. I don't know if they believe in karma or the Law of Attraction or reaping what they sew, but I sure as hell do! I feel that if I entertain that type of negativity in my life, it creates a bad aura about me that I absolutely refuse to allow.

There is a very true quote that says, "A dog who will bring a bone will take one." This means that if there is someone coming to you with tons of horrible gossip about someone else, you better believe that they are carrying some gossip about you away to someone else! Watch what you say around someone like that, and watch what they see you do, because they are always on the lookout for something else to talk about.

I try very hard not to let negative comments about other people come out of my mouth. I get very uncomfortable around someone who constantly puts people down. The way I look at it, we are all just out here trying our best to do US, and who am I to judge anyone else? I'm sure you don't have to look very hard to find fault in me, so why should I try to focus on the imperfections in anyone else.

If I have a problem with someone, I either just stop associating with them and let them live their own life sans my friendship, or I address the issue immediately to get it straight between us. You don't have to guess how I feel about you. I am STRAIGHT UP. Why can't everyone be this way? I'd rather fight a kangaroo than a snake anyday. Kangaroos fight you straight on, face-to-face, boxing and kicking you where you can see them and defend yourself. A snake can sneak up on you, strike, and slither away on their belly before you even know it.

Why not make a vow today to only put your lips on someone if it is to motivate them, encourage them, or lift them up? If you can't say anything positive, don't even give them your attention enough to talk about them. It's a good way to live, and an even better way to keep friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment